Sunday 16 September 2012

Racer back love and Freya Active

 



Never one to make life easy for myself, I am currently training for Cyletta, a women's 40k bike ride in Brighton in 2 weeks time, and Run to the Beat, my second attempt at the half marathon debut I made last year with Team Bangs on the Run.

As an endo warrior exercise is a hugely important part of my health and well being regime, also one that needs to be balanced carefully (see my post on Spikes and Heels for more about training with a chronic illness).

Anyway.

This weekend I have racked up a couple of runs and a bike ride in the glorious Autumn glow, and I LOVED it! Part of my strategy in making myself get out there recently has been, quite simply, to wear my workout kit from first thing in the morning. Then, whenever I get a chance to nip out for my run, or get on the bike or rock out a down facing dog I am all set to go. With young twins and a busy life as well as managing a chronic illness I need to take the chances when they arise, and being kitted out and ready to go has made that all the easier.

I am absolutely LOVING the new Freya Active Performance Range. Firstly, as a busty girl sports tops can be so unflattering, and racer backs have, up until now, just never been an option for us without a large display of bra strappage. Now, the new range includes my staple workout wardrobe item of a fabulous racer back top with inbuilt support (yaaay! at LAST!) The genius bit is that the shoulder straps have fastenings like the backs of a bra, with 3 hook and eye fastenings, plus a sports bra is inbuilt to the top itself. The end result is a sexy, flattering racer back top for us larger cup girls that supports enough to run, for yoga and any exercise that takes your fancy.

Hurrah!

I literally wear mine on most days, and have one in black and one in red - as I train a lot my washing can consist mainly of sports gear, so the fact this stuff has inbuilt anti-stink ( known in the trade as Polygiene) means the kit doesn't absorb the sweaty workout smell so much and can be worn a few times without needing a wash. Huzzah, this means less washing damage and longer lasting kit.

(this post also appears on the Freya Lingerie Fitting Talk blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment