Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mothers Day - classy me & a wishlist



If I tell you what we got up to last Mother's Day it may make you smile. Far from being the usual afternoon tea with daffodils and a feed-the-ducks-type day, after a family get together with my bro and his crew in St.Albans, Miles, the Mini Divas and I ended up at one of our local pubs in St.Ives where they have live music on a Sunday. It just so happened that an Irish folk band I used to play fiddle for (yes, I am a woman with many talents!) was playing; Eva and Mia LOVE seeing this band, and half of my partner's family are Irish, so cue a messy afternoon with a few glasses of Guinness. A highlight was changing the girl's nappies outside the pub on a bin, at which time we knew we had reached new levels  of class and style. We finished off the day with a curry, stayed over at the in-laws and I tottered the girls round to nursery the next day wearing yesterday's clothes and heels and sporting a hangover. Nice.

This year is my mums birthday on the 9th, so we are using the excuse to go for lunch - who knows, if the band is on again on Sunday I may have to sneak back in the boozer. I love a few Irish tunes and the guys always play Galway Girl for me. I have promised them I will play fiddle again soon with them and as Eva also nags me about it maybe I should de-rust my fingers.

This week you may have seen me as a featured trend setter and blogger on Shopcade, where I have been collating my wishlist for Mother's Day. Well, I don't actually WANT gifts from my girls, I woould be super happy with a Sunday sofa cuddle and walk around a park, but there is no harm in a girl making a list of pretty things "just cos". Is there? Especially when it comes to lovely shoes and beauty stuff. *cough*

Follow my Mothers Day product feed here, and you can also check out a mini interview with me over on the Shopcade blog.

What are you doing for Mothers Day? More importantly, what do you reckon to my list of goodies?!

Let me know,

1 comment:

  1. Mother's Day wishlist, and confessing to being less than classy....http://t.co/RNMteEawPO

    ReplyDelete