Tuesday 4 October 2011

Operation Fit and Fabulous weekly update

Operation fit and fabulous

On Operation Fit and Fabulous we have been gradually building up the list of good habits to get into.

So far, we have on the list as tasks

• Drink 2 litres of water a day
• Dry skin brushing daily
• Being good to yourself
• Eating 5 a day
• Exercising for 1 hour 3 times a week
• Getting enough sleep

All common-sensical, right? Well yes, but we don't often remember to do them all, and health and resulting fabulousness suffers.

I am also logging my food intake as I said last week, and I am now making plans for my Autumn/Winter workouts. I am planning to run another half marathon in April and would like to improve my speed as a goal, but most impirtantly I want to keep up my fitness levels and lose weight.

As the nights are drawing in I need to re-think exercise a little and make provisions. Evening runinng is more difficult as I live in the fens so running alone is a bit scary. So, I have made a schedule which involves dropping the girls at nursery and running home (2.75 miles), then cycling back to get them and pick the car up thus getting out and getting Vitamin D and also saving some fuel :)

I can then switch around work time in the evening as it's much easier to sit and work in the office with Zane Lowe on the radio than it is to run in the winter.

Also, I would like to bring in some cross training so that entails making room in the garage and setting up our rowing machine which needs a little dust off, and setting my alarm clock early on some mornings to do a fitness DVD.

I am definitely less confident being overweight and want to be the best I can be, for me and also my daughters. I want to show them that being fit and eating well is a good thing to do; they love that I run and admire my medals from the recent 10k and half marathon, and I want exercise to be an integral part of my life so they can make it so in theirs.

I love being a gym member as I adore weights and classes, but at £40 per month it's just too much. This mission is about being fit and fabulous on a budget!

In the last week I have lost half an inch off my waist, although not lost weight. I want to report back next week and say I have lost at least a pound :)

Here some pics of me when I felt my most active and healthy body-wise.





I am aiming to get back to that.

 

DD
X

 

Follow #operationfitandfabulous on Twitter, and check out the other ladies over on Beach Bum Beauty's blog.

2 comments:

  1. You're doing brilliantly poppet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I/2 an inch is a great start! I'm starting operation fit and fabulous on Monday! Any advice for a newbie? xxx

    ReplyDelete