Monday 21 May 2012

Unreliable or endo?



This postcard, the 3rd in the series by  the wonderful Antonia, is so brilliant at relating the feeling of unreliability that endo sisters and others suffering from a chronic condition go through. The number of times I have had to cancel at last minute my plans due to pain or exhaustion are countless; luckily, my close friends and family know the score, they support me 100% and everyone knows there is a 50/50 chance I will ever be somewhere I plan to be. Those who don't get it never will and are not worth my time.

It's tough, it's frustrating, but it's life. It's my life, and the life of many, many other ladies out there.

If you know how this feels and would be willing to share your story as a guest Diva, please drop me a line.

 

4 comments:

  1. Unreliable or endometriosis? http://t.co/suQHHA7l The latest postcard for @dexdiva #projectendo

    ReplyDelete
  2. An illustration by @antoniamakes on how it feels to let people down with a chronic illness Unreliable or endo? | http://t.co/BZ2qndVM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you see I am the total opposite, I will hide my pain (even from myself) until my head is about to explode (and when I say I mean everything from the shoulders up, the whole silly thing). Therefore I have created this superwoman aura around me and I like to be reliable so I suffer through anything, and I am stupidly strong so I can actually suffer through it. Unfortunately ever since I became a mother this is not working to my advantage, at all, it's actually a huge disadvantage and it causes lots of problems. I just don't know how to make it clear to people, even my husband that I am really in extreme pain. I admire you for being able to be honest with people, I shall try a bit harder

    ReplyDelete