Thursday 12 July 2012

Endo, fatigue, 1 month roaaaaar and results



So, lovely people.

For the last month I have been eating a high raw diet and taking supplements to help my chronic endometriosis and fatigue. What a month it has been. I don't need to tell you how unwell I have been. If you read this bog you will know, if you don't, have a browse on through and you will see many posts of coping with chronic illness and pain. I don't want to live like that any more.Here is a little update on how things are going....

High raw: I am not eating 100% raw foods at the moment, probably around 60-70% fresh, raw unprocessed foods. I have still had some meat and cooked foods but make it as organic and unprocessed as possible when I do. I am taking the journey at my own pace and working out what works and what doesn't.

Coffee: It has now been 3 weeks since I had coffee. I would normally have had 3 or 4 fresh coffees a day (my poor weeping adrenal glands!) but now I am down to mainlining redbush tea and the odd black tea from time to time.

Booze: No vino or rum for a month ( I know!) and you know what? It's FINE....feeling so much better outweighs the craving for a cheeky glass. I will get myself a little more healed before having an occasional drink, but for now, I am a no booze zone.

Painkillers: one month ago I was on the following cocktail - 20mg amatryptaline at night, gabapantin, and at least 8 30/500 cocodamol tablets PER DAY.....in addition to 40mg citalopram. Yip. I rattled when I walked. Now I have halved my antidepressants, cut out the amatryptaline, and I am on 2 - 4 8/500 cocodamols a day with an extra 30mg codeine if pain happens to be really bad. I have a way to go to rid myself of all the meds, but the progress is immense, truly immense.

Energy: I am still tired, I still have pain, but the most amazing thing is that I have more days when I have sustained energy ALL DAY and sometimes into the evening. Also, if I do something, like run or have a day out with the girls I am now not havng to pay for it for 3 days with chronic fatigue in bed. This is changing my life, folks.

Pain: I am keeping a daiy log of all my food, drink, supplements and symptoms, and can see that I still have a bad week around ovulation time. My pain is bad, and my tiredness is a lot worse, but I have had one - count it, ONE - day in bed this month, NOT THE USUAL 3 PER WEEK!!! I am having time with my little girls, time to DO MORE, read more, be more, LIVE MORE and it's just so so liberating.

Exercise: I am still building up slowly from adrenal fatigue and exhaustion, but I am not back up to running 4 miles and cycling around 10. I have my goal for Cycletta in September and Run ot the Beat in October, but I am so thrilled that movement isn't making me horizontal with pain and fatigue so much now.

So, what am I eating? At the moment a day's menu might look like this:

Brekkie: oats and chia seeds soaked in raw apple juice with almonds and chopped fruit.

Snack: Almonds/fruit, green juice, cacao nibs and goji berries.

Lunch: Romaine rollups with chashew nut cheese and avocado, or mung beans with chopped pepper, cucumber, cold pressed oil, rocket, Udo's oil.

Dinner: Quinoa, raw grated beetroot, poached egg, sea salt., Fruit.

Supplement wise, I am taking Juice Plus premium, Prozyme, Womens Essential vitamins, Neovite, Probiotics and pure mineral baking soda to help alkalise my poor acidic body.

I cannot tell you how much this is changing my life, folks. I was close to giving up, having my womb  and ovaries butchered and being on HRT in chronic fatigue forever. This is only the start of my journey too...I am super excited to learn all about making raw chocolate and amazing foods I have to discover. Each week I try out something new, from making courgette and cayenne pepper crisps to a new twist on a recipe, to reading more and more about how I can help myself.

This is a huge learning curve. I know I am at the start of something and I cannot wait to see where it takes me.

It's a whole new world, folks. Hear me ROAAAAR!!!!

 

 

9 comments:

  1. @LisaSandercock here we go lovely http://t.co/tFVM1HBz hang in there I am thinking of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ontherawfilm I promised I would keep you posted on my progress, here it is http://t.co/tFVM1HBz thanks for inspiring me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogged: My progress after one month of eating high raw foods to combat chronic fatigue and endo http://t.co/tFVM1HBz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so wonderful and inspiring to hear! Well done and so pleased you're seeing a difference already! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa sandercock12 July 2012 at 16:15

    Really inspiring well done, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My progress one month in of high raw foods to combat chronic fatigue and endo http://t.co/tFVM1HBz

    ReplyDelete
  7. RT @dexdiva: My progress one month in of high raw foods to combat chronic fatigue and endo http://t.co/tFVM1HBz

    ReplyDelete
  8. RT @dexdiva: My progress one month in of high raw foods to combat chronic fatigue and endo http://t.co/tFVM1HBz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you! Those crisps sound ace btw!

    ReplyDelete