Sunday 29 July 2012

Training and freya active

dex diva cycletta

I am sure you watched the Olympic Opening ceremony like me on Friday - wasn't it MINDBLOWING? I loved the whole thing, from Branagh as Brunel to Mr Bean, Bond and the Queen, Becks on a boat...all of it was magical inspiring and just so....us.

So in the Olympic spirit I am of course still training for Cycletta and Run to the Beat. On Friday I was out on my mountain bike in the fens for 17k bike ride, and today I donned my trusty Team Bangs on the Run top and my Freya Active set to crank out a 4 mile run.

I feel like I have such a long way to go to get my stamina back up enough to be able to do 13 miles in October, but I know the cycling as cross training will help, and I have enough time to get myself there slowly, week by week.

I started back at yoga this week too, which I absolutely LOVE and is, I am sure, really going to help my training too. It's amazing how breathing correctly and holding these ancient poses can rejuvanate the body so much, I ached for days too! I wrote last year before doing my very first half marathon the things I would do differently, and I am really pleased to see I am taking them on board this year and making headway. Blogs are a handy reminder to self sometimes! ;)

I am super excited about the new Freya Active Performance Wear which comes out in August. The new kit not only looks amazing, but has a clever ingredient called Polygiene active odour control technology, a naturally-occurring anti-bacterial agent which is really effective at combatting training niffs.

The idea is that your Freya kit stays odour-free for its entire lifetime. And  -I love this bit - the kit won't need washing as much. I am out on the bike,  running and few times a week at the moment so my washing gets pretty crazy, so I am rather excited to try it out. Watch this space for a review.

Is anyone else training for Cycletta or Run to the Beat? Let me know!

Remember, you can sponsor me here for my efforts, all funds raised go to Endometriosis UK.

Many thanks to Freya for sponsoring me to taje part in Cycletta, and to Mike Sullivan for sponsoring my accomodation and trave to make it all happen! Read more about the confidence magician here.

This post also appears on Freya's Fitting Talk blog here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment