Wednesday 22 August 2012

Yoga Magic


Yoga magic


I have recently been rediscovering the magical properties of Hatha Yoga.

As an endometriosis girl finding ways to complement my energy levels and cardiovascular activities are a challenge; I used to go to yoga before having the Mini Divas, and have been back for the the last 3 weeks for some much needed strength and stretching.

What I love about yoga is the fact that I might have a mind racing full of the day's events, I may feel tired and worn out before a class, yet without fail I come out feeling energised, calm and restored. Hatha yoga for me has been like rediscovering a kind of magic potion, and I never fail to be amazed that this über ancient meditation and exercise form can work on so many levels.

My Freya Active always comes with me so I feel safe and supported doing those downward bends, and I am on the hunt for some great yoga gear.

I would also love to give Bikram Yoga a try, as I think the detoxification and heat may really help my endo and my pain.

Do you do yoga? Have you tried Bikram?

For more about endometriosis see Project Endo. This post also appears over on Freya's Fitting Talk Blog.

 

2 comments:

  1. Today on Dex Diva I am talking about the magic of yoga http://t.co/xpTWW8lC

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you have rediscovered yoga and its helping your coping strategies...I've just discovered Hatha and a wonderful teacher called Rosie in Bude (will take you to one of her classes when you're next down!) and am loving it.

    Keep it up buttercup!

    Namaste xx

    ReplyDelete