Monday 29 August 2011

Pain, acceptance and winning

Pain, acceptance and winning

 
So, today I am in a lot of pain.

A slightly ill-fated trip to Cambridge:  trying to find shoes for my bridesmaid dress + busy shops + humid Autumn + pain + tired Mini Divas = me stumbling around shops trying to not cry/hit people/cry/faint/cry.

Back home to bed, painkillers, sleep, rest and reading. The perfect healing combination -  along with knowing, whole heartedly, that my lovely, amazing man understands and supports me without question, and that I have my beautiful daughters.

Life is perfect. Life can be painful, but I really do have it all.

Tonight I am not out doing my 10 miler as planned but that's ok, I will be out there tomorrow, or the next day.

Running has given me the edge over pain, and love from my family has given me the ability to cope.

Someone asked me last week whether I was sad that endo is in my life and would I have rather not had it.
In all honesty I can't answer that I wish I didn't. I am a different person for living in pain; I am on a constant learning curve, I live my life as fully as possible when I can, and I have more empathy and consideration for others as a result.

Endo has affected my life in so many ways, but it hasn't won. I am the winner.

DD
x

 

2 comments:

  1. God love you Jo, you're a true inspiration,
    big up to you girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article, neat web page design, keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete