Sunday 6 November 2011

Running mojo, endometriosis and pep talks

 
Lunar Glide Love

 
This week I really struggled with feeling low. Autumn is setting in, and whilst I love the blustery winds and golden hues, I can be rubbish at making myself leave the house and get much needed Vitamin D. Especially if I am in pain, and feeling bloated and unwell.

Yes, Zoladex side effects and the HRT combination are settling in and taking their toll a little. Medications have a habit of doing that and sending the body balance out of whack a little. But having wallowed more than I would like in depression again this week I have been giving myself a serious pep talk. A locker room style hairdryer treatment, if you will.

Endometriosis symptoms may break my body. Zoladex treatment may make me gain 10 pounds in a week of water retention. Endo may wrack my whole being with pain and make me feel shattered but I will not let it break my mind.

A warrior never gives up. Is it warrior-like behaviour to wallow and watch Jeremy Kyle? No. Is is warrior like to feel housebound? No.

I made myself go for a run in the rain after a week of struggling and I remembered how much my Team Bangs journey taught me. Step by step, bit by bit is how you deal with something difficult. In training for a half marathon I went a little more each week. In dealing with the Zoladex side effects it's day by day hour by hour.

Running gives me inner pep talk time, reminds me I am a warrior, and gives me the strength to win.

Even half an hour, 3 miles ever other day will combat the darkness of depression, provide some SAD-defying sunlight and get me back on track. Oh, and of course I have another two half marathons in Spring to keep my focus.

Positivity is the hallmark of an endo warrior destined for success and I m determined to hang onto mine.

Pass the Lunar Glides, I am out there for some major mojo endorphins.

DD
x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment