Tuesday 3 January 2012

Back to routine and a rainy January day

DSCF3765 DSCF3754 DSCF3749 DSCF3747

What do you mean, we need a break from the old routine?

Now I don't know how you have fared over the Christmas holidays, but I for one am happy to get back to routine today. I have loved having Papa Diva and the girls with me for 2 weeks, it has been so special. BUT, and I almost hate to type this....I am glad to be back at work today.

The Mini Divas are out of routine and playing up (mentioning no names *cough* Mia), not sleeping well (Mia), and generally behaving like Divas. Well, ok it's mainly Mia but the cumulative effect of two toddlers griping, my Zoladex induced hot flushes and 2 weeks of disturbed sleep is a recipe for grumpy parents, grumpy children and January blues.

As I herded the girls to nursery this morning after several fights over what to wear, chasing them around the house dragging my eye bags with me I am sure I am not the only parent returning to my desk with a large coffee and a grateful sigh.

I will of course look forward to picking them up at 3; I will have missed them dearly and it will be lovely to squish them, stick on some aprons and make a mess doing dinner but for now?

It's just me, myself and I.

How did you get on today? Are you pleased January is here?

A very happy new year from the Mini Divas and I.
x

Images by Miles O'Carroll/Papa Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment