Thursday 5 January 2012

New year new you - some tips from Dex Diva

I am not one for resolutions at new Years, I do tend to create self development goals for myself all year so it's a constant cycle.
However, January is a grey and drizzly month after a festive periods of sugary boozy excess and it's often nice to consider a clean start at the top of a year.

Here are my tips for giving January 2012 a kick in the balls and starting this year feeling tip top, healthy, creative and diva-like.



Radiance Cleanse - get juicy
My friend Clare aka Juicy girl (but only to me) runs this rather lovely company Radiance Cleanse. They provide organic juice cleanses delivered to your door to sort your system and get back on track with some lovely nutrients mainlining their way to your core. Currently Radiance have some special offers too, so head on over to their newsletter and see how to get money off your new you! The great thing is they deliver all over the UK too, so no worries if you aren't London based.

 



Get naked with my friend Karen: massage
I have some good friends you know, as another buddy is Karen Varey who is a rather talented massage therapist. As well as being one of my favourite ever people, Karen is an expert at sorting out those knots and stressy bits, and massage is particularly good for cleaning out toxins from the lymphatic system. I have a session lined up this week and I cannot WAIT for her to get in there and straighten me out. Book yourself a session with Karen or someone near you to unwind and detox.

 

Park Runs, Team Bangs and going all 2012 by Making it Count
I am so proud to have run the Run to the Beat half marathon last year with Team Bangs on the Run ( check out some old posts using the Team Bangs tag to see my journey). I have struggled to be  out there in my trainers since starting my new zoladex treatment last October but I am aiming to build up my miles again for the Reading half marathon in April with my buddies Sarah and Kerry. I  just signed up for Park Runs in Milton Park near Cambridge, a weekly 5k on a Saturday with timed results. Check out the site and see if there is a Park Run near you to get your trainers back on and have some fun. If you fancy some Team Bangs action, Muireann is now going big and a whole army of Team Bangs are running in Berlin on 1st April. You can sign up for the newsletters on Bang's blog and be part of the action!

Nike have also launched a new campaign for 2012, called Make it Count.

Check out the video and see how you can make 2012 count for you.
 



Bespoke skincare: Forest Secrets
This little discovery had me all excited when I tried it at the end of last year. Forest Secrets is an amazing organic skincare range which you can mix according to your skin type. I totally recommend trying the Try me range and investing £15, you will notice the difference in your skin immediately. Created by Dr Barabara Olioso, the range is 3 serums which have different properties, and comes with instructions of hwo to mix them in correct proportions according to your skin's needs. Forest Secrets is natural, organic and as good for your skin as it gets. Try it and let me know how you go.

 

Making time to travel
January is grey, broke and just dark and gloomy, so it's traditionally the time you see everyone queuing in travel agents to go somewhere warm and sunny. Just sgetting a trip in the diary can make all the difference to your mental state, sop check out some deals on travel and see where you can go. I am lucky enough to be going to New York at the start of February as I won flights from an Endo UK raffle, so if I can bear 3 nights away from my Mini Divas I am looking forward to coffees, NYC culture and girly time with Miss Allen. We are then going off to France for a snowy holiday for Papa Diva's birthday so I will get to try out snowboarding the for the first time. January doesn'tt seem so bad now...

 

 

Loom pen FaberCastell

Keep creative
I started painting again last year and remembered the feeling of being in a creative zone away from the screen.  Make time to recall how to find your flow, and get inspired to tackle 2012. Faber Castell have some lovely materials to try out that might get you  inspired to put pen and pencil to paper. Check out some of their new kits for drawing, or maybe make an investment to your words and get my personal favourite, this Loom Pen. Mindmaps and lists made the old school way need a lovely new pen....

 

Sarah Hogan

Zen Wardrobe
I simply LOVE this idea - Sarah Hogan dropped me a line to tell me about her Buddhism inspired wardrobe and styling service. Sarah will edit your wardrobe, bring you some lovely new things to try and take you shopping in a private suite where she can bring you personalised key items to try. Give it a go and let me know how you get on with your new wardrobe!


 How are you tackling 2012? Have you got any ideas to kickstart the new year?

 

Let me know.

Colourful creativity,

 

Dex Diva
x

 

Do me a favour! Sign up for Diva updates, I promise not to spam you but to send lovely things like free e-books, images and niceness. Deal? Just hope on over to the right of this blog and away you go…

Disclaimer: I was sent some Forest Secrets to try, but I loved it so have chosen to tell you about it. That's it for this post disclaimer wise. A-thank-you.

 

2 comments:

  1. Blogged, New Year new you http://t.co/jE8fNJvG feat @BangsandaBun @sarahs_scribble @RockDiva1976 @_missallen @radiancecleanse

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vertpr fab, looking forward to meeting you too. I love Jo's posts, http://t.co/ZBTNEnUY she's The creative Diva!

    ReplyDelete