Monday 8 October 2012

Cycling love



It's official. Thanks to my training for Cycletta this Autumn, I have rediscovered my love of cycling.

When I lived in London and commuted fom Hackney to Queens Park I invested in Steve, my trusty Specialized steed who took me along the canal and back every day to work. I loved it, and spent weekends in Epping forest getting muddy doing the trails ( ok the easy ones, but still). I loved Steve and getting outside.

Fast forward to working from home and being a mum of young twins and it's easy to let things we enjoy slip. My journey with Team Bangs 2 last Autumn re-ignited my exercise routine and I was super thrilled to complete my first ever half marathon.

With Cycletta in the mix this year I am now addicted to being outdoors exercising every day if I possibly can. I have even set myself some new goals, including a century ride ( 100 miles in one day), and completing the Coast to Coast  sea to sea cycle route.

I love running and riding for different reasons; running I see as a personal challenge, the miles I put under my legs are hard work but I love the accomplishment. Riding I love getting from a to b, seeing the countryside in a new way and i in stops for tea (and often cake). Yesterday Miles and I grabbed an hour to cycle around Graffham Water - things are incredibly stressful right now as we nurse my lovely Grandad in his final days, and just for that hour I felt like a kid, cycling with the wind in my hair and the water beside me. Exercise and fresh air are healing, I have no doubt about it.

I even heard myself say yesterday " I would much rather have a hybrid bike than an iPad" .

Now, there's progress.

You will find me tracking my rides and runs on Endomondo if you are also a member.

 

3 comments:

  1. New post - why I am rediscovering my love of cycling thanks to @cycletta
    http://t.co/srJ92riD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cycling love http://t.co/srJ92riD

    ReplyDelete
  3. "the miles I put under my legs are hard work but I love the accomplishment" - filthy ;)

    ReplyDelete