Monday 15 October 2012

Go play outside




I don't know about you, but I LOVE Autumn. I am in the UK, and the golden hues and bright sunny days with that certain Autumn chill  just make me smile. I find it hard to resist toast and loads of jam this time of year (not helpful for endo at all), so I have been making lots of seasonal soups to get that hearty Autumn food feeling.
As the nights draw in, it can be so easy to miss out on the daylight;  in Summer, if we are sofa bound in the daytime we know we still have an evening ahead to make the most of and get some fresh air. When Autumn and Winter kick in, I often find I need to re-jig my day to get those all important times of fresh air and some daylight.


Getting outside has so many benefits for body and soul. If your pain is not letting you go out and exercise, just take a mooch in the outside air for half an hour or so - if you move as much as you can whenever you can it benefits our bodies.

Getting outside earths us, connects us to the outside world and nature, and nourishes the soul as well as body. On Saturday I managed a 10 mile bike ride and revelled in the mud splashing around me and being in the woods. On Sunday I was in more pain so made do with an equally soul heartening pootle on the plot at Farm Club.

Set yourself a challenge to go play outside every day, and post me your Autumn pics!


(don't forget, check out Project Endo for endometriosis support and daily emails).


1 comment: