Thursday 29 September 2011

So.....what now?!



Last Sunday I ran the Nike Run to the Beat with my Team Bangs ladies.

I have been training for this event since May, as those of you who followed my progress will know.

It has been a really, really busy Summer. Since July it has been non-stop with house move, hen party organising, training, wedding and family stuff, then half marathon. Suddenly, my weekends are empty.

It's a bit weird.

However, with sunshine like ths I can get used to it! This weekend I plan to have a BBQ with the newly married bro and sis in law back from their honeymoon, checking out Bridget Riley's exhibition at Kettles Yard in Cambridge for some cultural input, and a couple of nice recovery runs to get my legs moving.

So, did you think I would rest and not have any thing planned for 6 months or so?

Hahahahahahaha foolish readers :)

No no. Team Bangs are planning to run the Berlin Half Marathon in April, so finances allowung I will be there to represent Team Bangs 2 when the Team Bangs 3 crew graduate in Berlin. These ladies are sticking together for a while yet!

I am also going to run a half mara in Cambridge in March to keep my training goals on track. As I said, I want to mix up my cross training, so I have that to work towards. I plan to bring in some yoga/pilates, cycling and maybe some Powerplate work if I can afford to.

In the meantime I am also taking part in operation fit and fabulous with my lovely Jayne, AKA Beach Bum Beauty. We are part of a group of ladies working on a 3 month goal to eat better, look after ourselves and feel, that's right, fit and fabulous! We have been working in little steps each week to achieve this goal, simple habits to keep up like drinking 2 litres of water each day, dry skin brushing, eating our 5 a day, increasing exercise etc. I am going back to tracking my claories and exercise now that Run to the Beat and the carb-loading is over I am determined to be tracking what I eat in Nutracheck which I find rally helpful for making sure I don't overcompensate with eating for training, and that I am taking in enough calories too.

Also, WHEAT FREE definitely works for me, so sticking to that is a dietary essential.

In terms of work, there are two fabulous new projects bubbling away that I will be talking about all in good time, so lots to think about there ( I am soooo excited about these!), as well as keeping the Cherry Sorbet design workshop and blogging stuff going.

I may or may not (still undecided) take the Zoladex gamble this Autumn and see if it helps my pain or not...in which case expect a barrage of blogs about that journey.

Project Endo, the charitable trust springing from this very blog is also in slow motion and planning, so I am able to start getting my teeth into setting it all up for fundraising with the runs I have planned.

So you see it's never a dull day in Dexterous Diva land.

In the meantime, I fully intend to enjoy this gloriously sunny weekend as Summer returns for a reprise of golden hues and lomo light. Frothy coffees, people watching and a lot of laugh and laughter are on the cards.

Watch this space!

DD
x

 

Image: dexdiva on instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment