Friday 10 June 2011

Roooooooar - rest, rework and the raw update



So, dear readers. Its day 5 of the raw kickstart programme and how am I doing?



Well, I have made it work for me, is what I would say.

I made it to Wednesday evening of being 100% raw, and had no problems with the food portions, hunger or anything. In fact  I was feeling good with the plan and the scales were also looking on me favourably.

However, by Wedneday my lingering cold was still lurking, with increased symptoms of being run down, typical of an endo flare up which kicked in on Wednesday night. I had managed to get myself to my Body Combat for a class, which was great although was one step too far and when I came back I was a dizzy, overdone mess.

I cooked up an omlette and salad as I felt I needed protein. Also, I had porridge yesterday for breakfast  -still with blueberries and strawberries, so fresh -  as my pain was very high I often get shaky as a symptom of my body being in pain,  I instinctively wanted something warm and sturdy. Maybe this is an emotional cycle to break or it may be a physical neccessity, this is something I need to work out.

I don't feel I have "failed" by including some cooked food this week, in fact I feel it ha been a triumph. My diet has been 90% raw,  I have learned a heck of a lot about portion sizes, hunger level as reality versus just being thirsty or habitually eating. Also, most importantly, I have been reminded about when to rest and how overdoing things means a step back for my progress.

I am in pain today and had a great deal of pain yesterday, but I have been working and resting in my comfy trews, the staple of an endo girl, and going with the flow.

I love Polly's course and the way the modules are enlightening, non preachy in nature, really informative and fun. I plan to keep high raw as part of my plan to combat endometriosis in my personal #projectendo, and I think the key is going at my own pace and making it work for me.

Other things in life have been incredibly inspring this week and my confidence levels are definitely rising.Big big thanks to the wonderful Mike Sullivan for his support (read more about Mike on my previous post here).

I am on an amazing journey with some old fears to face (more on that in a post near you soon!) and I am honoured to have such a fabulous support network of friends, colleagues and family all around me.

The input from you, my dear readers is also such a joy. I know many of you are on a chronic health journey too, and I am so pleased that my blog resonates with you, even if on the smallest of levels.

Thank you.

Much love,

DD

xx

Image: Jo Gifford

1 comment:

  1. I think a lot about eating is habit, and something that I'm finding difficult to break!

    Would soaking oats in milk overnight (in the fridge of course) instead of porridge still count as raw?

    ReplyDelete