Saturday 9 July 2011

Boutique Run and plan B

So, today is my Boutique Run 10k.
I am not going.

I am in so much pain I can barely move from endo and I have had to take the sad choice to step out of this one.
To all who have sponsored me, I am booked onto the St Ives 10k next Sunday, and I WILL honour those donations by getting the kilometres under my belt.
I am incredibly sad to miss out on this amazing event but, as you all know as much as I do, this is the way I have to live my life.
Of course, we all know that my pain might be prevalent for the Run to the Beat and my plan b there is to have my support team travel with me, to run/walk as much as I can then have help getting home.
I have trained for this 10k and am on schedule for the half marathon so my journey is underway unhindered by the endo beast. But, as always, compromises are made.

Thanks to my lovely Sarah today, for her understanding, love and friendship. I will miss running with you today chica, go like the wind.
DD
X

1 comment:

  1. Then there were...9 July 2011 at 11:31

    A brave decision hun, I hope you are feeling a little better now. Lots of painkilling loves, Amy xx

    ReplyDelete